So, here I go taking you through one of my most memorable solo trip to vrindavan , a holy city in India .
Vrindavan is a small place located on the banks of river Jamuna in Uttar Pradesh.It holds a close link with the hindu history and also serves as a major pilgrimage site.It is a hub to the most beautiful temples in the
World supported by mesmerising ghats and scenic beauty.
Here are a few tips which will make your trip to this place an everlasting memory
# SCEINIC BEAUTY : OKAY ! If you are a photo lover then this is the place for you. It has amazing places to see ,capture and to get clicked.Travelling through lanes of Vrindavan umpteenth times one would want to capture the picturesque temples, commotion, people’s attire. the not so fast paced life of people triggers you to capture small yet beautiful moments that people of vrindavan dwell through.
#CONVEYANCE : There are public means of transport available , so there is no need of a pvt. cab service. One can easily hire a sharing auto or even a bus to travel various places nearby thus putting least thrust on one’s pockes. Just go with the flow and enjoy to the fullest.
#STAY : For lodging , there are many pocket friendly hotels which wont cost you much . So rather than searching one on IBIBO or Make my trip just go sweat a little and explore hotels to compare and finally find yourself a dwelling place . Besides there are many dharmshalas which provide lodging facilities at minimal rates.
#FOODING : If you are a foodie , then just explore the tasty cuisines on the streets of vrindavan. Lassi and Kulfi are most prominent on roadside food shops. They are simply delicious.
#MARKET : There are markets which have an immense variety of stuff. Do get yorself the cap of vrindavan.
#FESTIVITIES: And last but not the least , visit this place during holi to make it a milestone in your journey through life. People at Vrindavan surely know to make the most out of the colours. The entire aura is so colourful you would surely get coloured till your soul.
Vrindavan basically is a place which is known for its religious tales which holds a door to the hinduism history.It is a small town located at a distance of 18 kms from mathura. For mathura various routes and means of transports are available.Best time to visit this place is porbably holi which is celebrated in the name of Lord Krishna/ People follow the old custom and rituals and say that Lord Krishna used to visit Radha’s place and hence on the day of holi people from vrindavan head to the places in mathura like barsana , nandgaon .The city is covered with the fragrance of colours , flowers and the town is a no less than a fairy land in story tales.
PLACES TO SEE IN VRINDAVAN:
THERE ARE IMMENSE NO OF TEMPLES but i would recommend to visit these few for sure .
1. PREM MANDIR: The Temple of Divine Love is a divine monument, gifted by the Rasik saint Jagadguru Shri Kripalu Ji Maharaj . This lies This lies within the permiter range of city area and is also an epitome of love . It is a walkable distance from the main market.
2. BANKE BIHARI TEMPLE: It is a temple named after lord krishna ( banke bihari) located near Shri Radha vallabh temple which has the tribhaga . Tribhaga is is a standing posture used in the traditional sculputre , art and culturals forms like odissi etc.
3. ISKCON TEMPLE: It is another temple which holds the name of lore krishna, It started way back by a trust. This is well maintained temple which is undeer a vigil always . The devotees of lord krishna perform various acts here . This temple is also seen in other parts of the country such as delhi , begaluruetc.
4. KESI GHAT: It hold one of the most tranquil spot in vrindavan. Beside the river jamuna this ghat looks mermerising. Here the local people run their boats to produce certain wage to support their living and livelihood. There is another ghat called CHEER GHAT. it is called so because of the enormous number of birds (cheer) .
5. MAIN MARKET: It holds the speciality of famous cuisines and food stuff. Pan is one of the most watering one amongst all including peda and other sweets. The strrets are flooded with the local food items such as samosas , kesari milk , lassi and many more.
How to reach: Vrindavan is situated on Delhi-Agra NH-2. the various buses runs between the Agra and Delhi. one can easily book a shared auto from the highway itself costing around 10/- individually.
The railway station nearby is Mathura . for this one can get trains from delhi , mubai etc. Several express and passenger trains connect Mathura from other major cities of India .
The airport in Agra is just 67 km away from Vrindavan. The nearest international airport is Delhi, which is connected to almost every important city in the world with major airlines.
Some moments from vrindavan
Stay tuned for more 🙂 keep in touch